Wow! What a holiday. I ate and drank my way through 2 weeks and boy, am I feeling it now. How about you?
So many times, we get back into our routine after a holiday, looking for a quick fix to get us back on track. We’re all going to exercise 3 hours a day, live on veggies, stock up on vitamins – you know the drill. You may even be tempted to purchase a “detox” product in a box. Please don’t. I’m not saying that a detox system is never needed or that you shouldn’t ever use one…. maybe try this first.
Our bodies are perfect machines.
They detox each and every day. Did you know that the liver performs most of it’s cleansing between 3am and 5am? Isn’t that cool? Given the right conditions, our bodies are ready to go to work and get rid of toxins for us. The trouble is, we don’t often give it the right things to work with.
Below is a list of things that you can do to naturally detox your body.
Set it up to detox itself. Support it. You’ll be amazed at how much better you’ll feel in just a few weeks!
- drink a glass of room temperature lemon water first thing in the morning when you wake up
- sweat every day – sweat is one of the ways that the body removes toxins for us
- cut sugar out of your diet – sugar feeds bad bacteria
- take a practitioner grade probiotic daily – this increases good bacteria in the gut
Nature’s healing foods
- drink at least 6 glasses of water each day
- cut back or eliminate caffeine and alcohol
- eat fermented foods to support the liver
- add garlic to your diet
- eat as many fresh veggies as you can stand
Start today. Give your body the tools it needs to detoxify on a regular basis and to keep you functioning at your best. Happy 2015!