This Pad Thai recipe is a great dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes! You can also add chicken, seafood, or tofu if you like.
- Soak rice noodles in hot tap water for 25 min. Do not over soak.
- While noodles are soaking, chop your veggies. I use celery, mushrooms, onion, grated carrot, peas, broccoli, and zucchini.
- Mince 3 garlic cloves and let sit for 10 min (to allow the allicin to be activated)
- In a small pan, scramble and cook 3-4 eggs and set aside
- In a WOK put about 2 tbsp of coconut oil and Thai seasoning (I use store-bought!) of choice
- When noodles are about 5 min from being finished, start cooking your veggies. Add the garlic about 2 min before the noodles. Drain the noodles and toss them in. Cook about another 5 min – continually tossing it all around. You may find you need a bit of liquid so you can add some vegetable water or broth to the mix. Add your eggs and some pine nuts and any meat/soy that you may be using (cooked of course)
Voila! Dinner is served.
Notes: I save all of my water from steaming our veggies throughout the week so that I always have a jar of it to use in cases like this. The store bought broth is so high in sodium that I avoid it as much as possible. As for the garlic “resting,” it takes about 10 minutes for the active ingredient (allicin) in garlic to be released. Always mince or chop your garlic and let it sit a bit.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy your Pad Thai without worrying about takeout charges!